To the outgoing board members; we look forward to seeing you continue to be involved in your communities and roles of advocacy. You all have a lot of talent and passion for education and Richmond students and we hope you continue using that to make progress. We hope that you be available to the new board to offer some insight to your lessons learned. As a final farewell to this closing era and moving forward, we pulled together the worst of the worst from the last four years for each outgoing School Board member.
We know this election has been stressful and difficult choices have to be made tomorrow, so we thought we'd lighten things up a bit with a City Council Superlatives list! Also, check out our woo-woo Mayoral Astrology post and see if your stars align with your candidate of choice. Relax, enjoy and remember that opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one and no two are the same, so letting your butt get hurt over them is just not worth it. Instead of bitchin', lighten up and start a discussion. It ain't all bad.
compiled by Jessee Perry
We were sitting around one day wondering what questions the mayoral candidates have not had to answer and what we do not know about the them. Going into election day, I think we may have finally hit the bottom of the barrel. RVA Dirt presents... Richmond Mayoral Candidate's Zodiac Profiles!
(P.S.- If anyone knows Lawrence William's birthday let me know and I will add his information)
Michelle Mosby- Born August 30th- Virgo
- Famous People Born August 30th: Cameron Diaz, Warren Buffet, Lewis Black, Andy Roddick
- Key Life Phrase: I serve
- Zodiac Totem: The Virgin
- Zodiac Element: Earth
- Compatible Star Signs: Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn, and Pisces
- Mismatched Star Signs: Aries, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Libra
- Key Characteristics: Loving, susceptible, sympathetic, sensual, faithful, instinctive, charitable, over-reactive, and moody. A Virgo woman is faithful, truthful, sensible, picky, and edgy.
- Virgos are analytical perfectionists.
- Virgos are extremely critical of themselves and hold themselves to a higher standard.
- Virgos are highly sought after teammates because of their insights and wide-spread general knowledge.
- Virgos are well-read and pay attention to the details but may come off as shy.
Joe Morrissey- Born September 23rd- Libra
- Famous People Born September 23rd: Ray Charles, Bruce Springsteen, Jason Alexander, Jermaine Dupri
- Key Life Phrase: I balance
- Zodiac Totem: The Scales
- Zodiac Element: Air
- Compatible Star Signs: Gemini, Aquarius, Leo and Sagittarius
- Mismatched Star Signs: Aries, Capricorn, Cancer and Taurus
- Key Characteristics: Refined, social, artistic, vacillating, intellectual, communicative, and concerned with relationships. A Libra man is intellectual, playboy, prudent, and a conversationalist.
- Libras are creative thinkers with above average intellect.
- Libras are able to be fair minded and give unbiased judgment of all sides of a problem. Sometimes this makes it difficult to commit to one side of the argument.
- Libras are social, love communicating with others and are rarely at a loss for words.
- Libran male is the epitome of charm and they inspire awe wherever they go.
Levar Stoney- Born March 20th- Pisces (Aries cusp)
- Famous People Born March 20th- B.F. Skinner, Spike Lee, Ruby Rose
- Key Life Phrase: I sacrifice
- Zodiac Totem: Fish
- Zodiac Element: Water
- Compatible Star Signs: Aries, Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, and Pisces
- Mismatched Signs: Gemini, Leo, Virgo, Libra and Aquarius
- Key Characteristics: Loving, sensitive, intuitive, spiritual, idealistic, victimized, and moody. A Pisces man is pioneering, progressive, determined, blinkered, impractical and discerning.
- Pisces are deep and spiritual. Believed to be the most spiritually advanced of the signs.
- Pisces motivation in live is to give, serve and love. They offer help to anyone who is suffering and give their time and energy selflessly to anyone who needs it.
- Pisces is an emotional sign who gives a lot but also needs to be nurtured in return.
- Pisces-Aries cusp- March 20th is the end of the Pisces range so Levar is on the cusp of being an Aries.
- Pisces-Aries cuspt are bolder and draw in fiery energies of the Aries sign.
- Typical Pisces will be indecisive; however, on the cusp of Aries makes them more decisive and aggressive.
- Pisces-Aries cusp are creative and enterprising but are balanced to be spiritual and emotional.
Jack Berry - Born April 9th - Aries
- Famous People Born April 9th: Cynthia Nixon, Hugh Hefner, Marc Jacobs, Jesse McCartney
- Key Life Phrase: I am
- Zodiac Totem: Ram
- Zodiac Element: Fire
- Compatible Star Signs: Leo, Taurus, Sagittarius, and Gemini
- Mismatched Signs: Cancer, Virgo, Libra, Capricorn
- Key Characteristics: Determined, fiery, executive skills, born leader, impulsive, headstrong, opinionated, loyal, physical, driven, ambitious. An Aries man is resolute, physically vital, egotistical, leadership prowess, intimidating competitor.
- Aries are full of spirit and high energy levels.
- Aries are creative with high self-confidence and power making them extremely opinionated.
- Aries hate boredom and want life to be exciting. They are also courageous and never step down.
- Aries are reactive, impatient, and have big egos but they never shy away from teamwork.
One Question with Rebecca K.W. Keel -by Melissa Vaughn
Links to RTD City Council and School Board Questionnaires.
One Question with Barrett Hardiman -by Melissa Vaughn
One Question with Kirstin Gray -by Melissa Vaughn
If you are an undecided voter or know an undecided voter, please consider joining the Vote Together Facebook group. The original intent is to agree on a candidate together to vote as a collective. However, it is also a good resource for information about each candidate. Many group members regularly share articles and opinions.
One Question with Elizabeth Doerr -by Melissa Vaughn
One question with... Michael Jones.
On October 17th, ChamberWorks RVA hosted the only televised mayoral forum. Shade was thrown. Here is a collection of links to info about the shade that was referenced. - Compiled and posted by Jessee Perry
One question with... Dorian Daniels.
Analysis of four polls and a deep dive into projections. Researched and written by Jessee Perry.
There are way too many candidates and way too many places to look for information. Here are links to some of the places the candidates have answered questions.
One question with... Felicia Cosby
Music. It makes the people come together, mixes the bourgeoisie with the rebel, and is an undeniable part of the Richmond narrative. So, in a mayoral race with such varied personalties, I wanted to explore deeper than the songs the candidates came out to at the Mayorathon. While we should not offer up our votes blindly to a candidate with similar tastes in tunes, it refreshing to hear them open up about what they enjoy both while getting hype or relaxing. For me, music is a great way to gain insight about a person. I dare say you can learn what someone is like from what they like and how they go about sharing those answers. With that in mind, I present you the answers received by Don Harrison as he interviewed the various candidates for Open Source RVA.
One question with... Andreas Addison
One Question with... Jessee Perry
One Question with... Sean Smith.