On 1/22, the sound system in Council Chambers was super possessed so they adjourned in the interest of public transparency regarding the Larus Park issue. At 5PM on Monday, City Council will resume public comment and vote on all SIX ordinances. That sounds like a lot but all six are about the longstanding Lewis G. Larus Park issue. Long story short: purchase a piece of land, add it to the park, put the park under conservation laws, then allow Chesterfield to use another portion of the park for their water project.
Once that concludes, the Organizational Development Standing Committee will begin! This is the committee meeting where the meals tax ordinance will be first discussed in Council Chambers and people will have the opportunity for public comment. At the end of the committee meeting, council will vote on the ordinance's next action. Next action items could include continuing it to a future committee date because they want a study or more info, referring it to city council with no recommendation, referring it to council with recommendation to pass, etc. If you want to catch up on the meals tax, RTD writes about a few different angles and I dove into some background along with an opinion.
At both meetings there will be an opportunity for public comment!
5pm - Continued 1/22 Meeting and then whenever that finishes, they will have the Organizational Development Committee meeting
CIty Hall, 900 E Broad Street, 2nd Floor, Council Chambers
Antenna Ch. 57, Cable Ch. 24
City Council Agenda- Continuation of 1/22 Meeting
- ORD 2017-208: Accept $91,136 from Chesterfield County, increase anticipated revenues in the form of utility payments in lieu of taxes from Water Utility by $328,864 and the amount appropriated to the Parks Admin program by $420K to acquire the property known as 8778 Rear West Huguenot Road for the public purpose of the expansion of Lewis G. Larus Park
- ORD 2017-209: Execute a contract with Chesterfield County to sell additional water to Chesterfield and for the construction/operation/maintenance of new water capacity facilities on a portion of Lewis G. Larus Park at 8850 West Huguenot Road
- ORD 2017-221: Authorize the acquisition of 8778 Rear West Huguenot Road for the purpose of expanding Lewis G. Larus Park
- ORD 2017-253: Lease agreement of 8850 West Huguenot Road for construction, operation, and maintenance of a water pump station and ground storage tank
- ORD 2017-254: Grant Chesterfield County 3 temporary construction easements upon, over, under, and across portions of 8850 West Huguenot Road
- RES 2017-R097: Direct the City Attorney to prepare the necessary documents to place Lewis G. Larus Park under the protection of a conservation easement as state law defines that term
Consideration of Board & Commissions Vacancy Report
- Ethics Reform Task Force: Beverly Harris, Kandyce Harrison, Dr. Cristen Jandreau, Christine Wengloski, Michael Winborne
- Maggie L. Walker Initiative Citizens Advisory Board: Cindy Chambers, Christopher Rashad Green, Jessica Pare, Kevin Starlings
Papers for Consideration
- ORD 2018-017: Increase meals tax by 1.5% from 6% to 7.5% and amend city code for 1/5th of the total meals tax to go into a special fund for schools
- Council Procedures for the FY2019 Budget Review Process