While downstairs #RVACouncil is debating #RVAMayor's proposed meals tax, #RPSBoard will be having a meeting all their own. This one, should also be rather interesting.
This meeting is the opportunity for the public to speak their mind about the Superintendent's estimate of needs (read: proposed budget).
Sworn in on February 1st, this will be the new Superintendent's first meeting where he will present his 100 day plan. Of course, his entry into Richmond did not come without scrutiny and drama. A few ago, a story broke that students at a D.C. high school was graduating students who should not have graduated based on attendance records. As more information became available in recent weeks, so has the news coverage. On his first day, Kamras made a statement denying that he was involved in the scandal. In addition, it has been reported that Kamras let go of several cabinet members effective June 30th.
Date: February 4th
Location: City Hall, 900 E. Broad Street, School Board, 17th Floor
- Public Hearing
- Discuss the Superintendent's Estimate of Needs
- Receive Public Comment on Superintendent's Estimate of needs
- Public Information
- Receive an update on the Legislative Package
- Receive a presentation from Smart Beginnings
- Receive reports from Board Members on external committee/board assignments and conferences attended
- Receive an update regarding the Patrick Henry School Science and Arts Charter Renewal
- Receive the Superintendent's plan
- Receive an update on the Memorandum of Understanding with the VBOE and the Corrective Action Plan
- Receive a report on Your Solar opportunity
- Receive an update on Huguenot High School
- Receive the quarterly financials for Patrick Henry School of Arts and Science
- Receive the financial statement for the period ended December 31, 2017