The first part of this meeting is for RVA Council and RPS Board to discuss and vote on the education compact.
RPS BOARD REGULAR MEETING
- . Recognition of Kevin Snead
- There are no details on the agenda, but I am going to guess this is Kevin Snead, George Wythe alum, who was signed to the NY Giants.
- Public Comment
- Receive graduation rates and SOL Scores
- Receive an update on George Mason Elementary
- Receive for action
- Approval of ad-hoc committee for potential uses of donated property
- Oak Grove Elementary School Quitclaim deed
- It was recently reported Oak Grove Elementary has been sitting abandoned due to an error of the previous school board. School property is owned by the city, so in my opinion there is plenty of blame to go around between council and school board. This quitclaim is the next step in declaring the building as surplus.
- Human Resources update
- Receive for action board travel and district activity requests
- Receive an update on the Memorandum of Understanding
- Introduce new business